Polimaster’s PM1401K Multipurpose Radiation Monitor designed for adequate detection of the alpha, beta, gamma and neutron radiation sources as well as for gamma spectra accumulation and precise measuring of gamma dose rate and levels of contamination of surfaces, contaminated with alpha and beta irradiating sources.
The PM1401K is capable of performing the following tasks:
- Detect, search and locate alpha, beta, gamma and neutron radiation sources including weapon grade materials;
- Measure levels of contamination of surfaces, contaminated with alpha and beta irradiating sources;
- Measure precisely the dose rate;
- Alert users of the presence of a radiation source via both audible and vibrating alarms;
- Record and store up to 500 event and 100 gamma spectra in its non-volatile memory;
- Transmit all of the recorded data to a PC via an IR channel.
The PM1401K multipurpose radiation monitor features three built-in radiation detectors in the one housing:
- CsI(Tl) scintillation detector for search of the gamma radiation sources and recording of gamma spectra;
- GM-based detector for measurement of gamma dose rate and evaluation of alpha and beta flux density;
- He-3 neutron detector for search and location of the neutron radiation sources.
Hermetic and shockproof case of PM1401K instrument, along with fluorescent backlight of LCD screen, allows for easy operation even in the most harsh and unfavorable environment or weather conditions. The weight and the form factor of the instrument allow it to be easily clipped to a utility belt.
The multipurpose radiation monitor is recommended for first responders, security guards, police, customs officers and border patrol. No special experience or training is necessary to operate the instrument.
The PM1401K Multipurpose Radiation Monitor can also be equipped with various functional accessories, including:
- External Vibration-Alarming Device that allows the instrument’s user to be notified secretly of potential radiation sources without drawing the attention of other observers;
- Telescopic Extension Tube, which allows the instrument to take measurements in otherwise difficult-to-access areas and ensures a higher degree of radiation protection for the user;
- External Neutron Moderator to increase the neutron sensitivity by a factor 10.
PM1401K instrument is assigned NSN 6665-33-208-9126.
- Networked Solutions
- Customs and Border Control
- Security and Police