Although priced only slightly higher than its’ predecessor PM1704 not only has all main features of PM1703 but in response to multiple clients’ requests Polimaster added to this model new critical advanced features such as:
- Radioisotope identification;
- Network readiness via smartphones (Android and iOS);
- Logging GPS data;
The primary advantage of PM1704A series of Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detector is to enable users to do express analysis at the place of primary screening of the threat that can be caused by detected radioactive substance and identify false positives. Thus making radiation detection for public safety much more efficient then using just regular PRDs.
PM1704A are very compact and lightweight, and they are able to detect and localize radiation sources, as well as identify radionuclides and measure dose rate and personal exposure. It is equipped with built-in GPS to enable geocached data logging as well as Bluetooth 4.0 for power-safe on-line reach back.
The instruments are designed to comply with ANSI 42.48 American National Standard “Performance Requirements for Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detectors (SPRDs) for Homeland Security”.
All devices have user-friendly interface and require no technical skills. Build-in Software requires no installation or additional external media.
- Civil defense and police
- Customs and border patrol
- First responders
- HAZMAT teams
- Fast and reliable identification of isotopes, with results displayed on the LCD
- Built-in highly sensitive CsI(Tl) spectroscopic detector (all modifications)
- User-friendly interface
- Bright LCD allows easy reading even in sunlight
- USB, Bluetooth 4.0
- Built-in Software, that requires no installation or additional external media
- Audible, vibration and visual alarms
- Compact size and weight
- Storage of up to 1000 gamma spectra in non-volatile memory
- Shockproof hermetic case (IP65)
- Built-in GPS
РМ1704A instruments are available in four modifications:
- PM1704A – basic gamma-only model with single built-in spectroscopic CsI(Tl) detector;
- PM1704A-M – equipped with two gamma-detectors: spectroscopic CsI(Tl) and GM tube. Has extended range to measure exposure and exposure rate (up to 1000 R/h);
- PM1704A-GN – equipped with two detectors: spectroscopic gamma CsI(Tl) and neutron detectors based on Li6I(Eu);
- PM1704A-GNM – equipped with three detectors, two for gamma radiation and one for neutrons: CsI(Tl), GM tube and Li6I(Eu);