The PM1610 is a miniature professional personal dosimeter designed to monitor and measure the personal dose equivalent Hp(10) and personal dose equivalent rate Ĥp(10) from both gamma and X-ray radiation. It is capable to measure both continuous and pulse (from 1 msec) X-ray and gamma radiation in the energy range from 20 keV to 10 MeV.
The dosimeter allows for setting up independent threshold alarm levels for dose and dose rate (two for each). When those thresholds are exceeded, the instrument alerts user with audio, visual and vibration alarms. Audio and vibration alarms can be enabled/disabled in the instrument setting menu.
The intrument’s non-volatile memory allows for manual or automatic recording up to 7500 events of the dose rate change, acute dose levels, time and levels when the present threshold values were exceeded.
Key features of personal radiation dosimeters:
- Measures continuous and pulse X-Ray and gamma radiation;
- Alerts user via audio, visual and vibration alarms when preset thresholds are exceeded;
- Records manually or automatically for up to 7500 events in the instruments’ non-volatile memory;
- Communicates with a PC via USB channel with the simultaneous battery charging;
- Use of different types of wireless readers in compliance with ISO15693 (for PM1610-01 and PM1610A-01);
- Low battery warning;
- User friendly interface with two button operation.
Instrument’s shockproof rubberized case and the LCD with fluorescent backlight allows for easy operation even in the harshest, most unfavorable environments or weather conditions. The instrument is recommended for use by hospitals, mines, customs officers, nuclear stations personnel, and any professional who work with or around X-ray or gamma radioactive material.
Instrument’s battery will gradually run down during a long-term storage (even if the instrument is switched off). Over-discharged batteries could lose some capacity. For this reason Polimaster recommends users to charge the battery periodically (at least once per six months).
Personal Dose Tracker software, developed by the Polimaster company, enables serial connection up to 100 units of PM1610 X-Ray and gamma radiation personal dosimeters. Software enables information transfer by USB-protocol to a personal computer to analyze, process, and generate corresponding databases in a control center or an expert center.