Attached to the user-end of the pole is a four-decade analog ratemeter employing an aluminum cast instrument housing with a separate battery compartment and accompanying metal handle. The overall design delivers industrial robustness and quality that promote long-lasting protection and instrument life.
The ratemeter front-panel controls include a rotary switch for selecting the four-decade range, instrument shut-off, and battery test; an audio on/off switch, a fast/slow response switch, and a pushbutton for count reset. This instrument supports two types of alarms; a user adjustable fixed point alarm, and a deviation alarm that activates at levels above a floating background. An alarm light is mounted to the front panel and is accompanied by an audio signal.
- Range: 0 to 10 µSv/h (0 to 1000 µR/hr)
- Very Sensitive Pole Mounted Detector
- Dual Alarm Types
- 4-Decade Analog Ratemeter
DETECTOR: 15.2 cm diameter x 2.5 cm thick (6 x 1 in.) EJ212 plastic scintillator
SENSITIVITY: typically 2500 cps/μSv/h (1500 cpm/µR/hr) (137Cs gamma)
ENERGY RESPONSE: energy dependent
LINEARITY: reading ± 10% of true value
METER DIAL: 0–1 µR/hr, BAT TEST (others available)
ALARM: dual action alarm
- FIXED: alarm point that can be set at any point from 10% of full scale to full scale, and is indicated by a constant audible tone, and the lamp turning on
- DEVIATION: a quick alarm that is based on background radiation levels. When the instrument is turned on, it takes an eight-second measurement of background radiation levels and determines a deviation alarm setting. If the radiation level exceeds this setting, the alarm audio will beep every 1/8 second, and the lamp will flash.
- Rotary Selector: switches between instrument off, battery check, ranges: x1, x10, x100, x1000
- Response Switch: toggles between FAST (4 seconds) or SLOW (22 seconds) from 10% to 90% of final reading
- Reset Pushbutton: to zero meter, and also re-accumulate background data and recalculate the alarm point
- Audio Switch: for audio on/off, built-in unimorph speaker, greater than 60 dB at 0.6 meters (2 ft)
- Calibration Controls: accessible from front of instrument (protective cover provided)
CONSTRUCTION: cast and drawn aluminum with beige powder coat
WEIGHT: 3.9 kg (8.5 lb), including batteries
OVERALL LENGTH: 1.3 m (51 in.)