Operating principle of the unit is based on the usage of radionuclide sources 137Cs, as well as 60Co and 241Am.
In the unit is implemented an irradiation scheme with fixed irradiators and linear-positioned platform on which the tested instruments are placed. The range of gamma radiation dose rate values is achieved by using of 137Cs sources of various activity and by distance changing between the stationary source and the instrument.The size of the radiation field is determined by the “source-detector” distance, as well as by the collimator’s channel diameter.
All the manipulations are carried out remotely from the operator’s workplace.
Unit’s delivery kit includes also a number of additional sources, which have to be placed in the separate room.
Delivery kit includes:
- Stationary irradiation devices (container-collimator) with a “large” 137Cs sources, activity 5,2х1013, 2,7х1011Bq.
- Multi-position irradiation device (container-collimator) with “small” gamma radiation sources (137Cs – 3,0×109 Bq, 137Cs – 3,0×108 Bq, 241Am – 2,0×1010 Bq, 60Co – 3,0×108 Bq)
- System of the tested instruments movement
- Control system
- Laser alignment system
- Radiation control system
- Radiation monitoring system
- Support equipment and accessoires
Principle of operation:
Instruments are placed on the rotary table in the special group cartridge or single. If necessary camera is focused on the instrument’s display.
Any further action on the irradiation of the tested instrument are carried out remotely out of the operator’s room. Needed gamma radiation power is specified on the computer with a special software, the program will determine the appropriate source for a given gamma radiation power, radiation direction, axis of the radiation and the distance from the selected source to the center of the rotary table.
After moving the instrument to the desired point the plug off the appropriate container collimator opens, and the irradiation of the instrument is carried out. The number of irradiated points and the exposure time at each point is specified by operator.
You can also select the source and the position of the instrument manually. In this mode you can select the desired source, specify the distance in millimeters from the selected source to the center of the rotary table and give the command to open the plug of the container collimator. After the end of irradiation it is necessary to give the command to close the plug.
- Automating the process of calibration
- Increase of productivity
- Work with the gamma-ray sources in the automatic mode, which eliminates human error and ensures the safety of the work.
- Metrological laboratories of verification and calibration of dosimetric instruments
- Manufacturers of radiation detection equipment
- The secondary standard dosimetry laboratories