This instrument supports two types of alarms: a user adjustable fixed point alarm and a deviation alarm that activates at levels above a floating background. An alarm light is mounted to the front panel and is accompanied by an audio signal.
The front-panel controls include a rotary switch for selecting the four-decade range, instrument shut-off and battery test, an audio on/off switch, a fast/slow response switch, and a reset button. The aluminum cast instrument housing with its separate battery compartment and accompanying metal handle offer an industrial robustness and quality that promote long-lasting protection and instrument life. The Model 192 is a complete turnkey system and includes two “D” cell batteries.
Model 19: 2.5 x 2.5 cm (1 x 1 in.) NaI(Tl) detector, 0-5000 μR/hr range
Model 19A: 2.5 x 2.5 cm (1 x 1 in.) NaI(Tl) detector, alarm capability, logarithmic scale 0–500 μR/hr
Model 193-6: highly sensitive plastic detector on end of extension pole
- High Sensitivity to Gamma
- Range: 0–50 μSv/h (0–5000 µR/hr)
- 4-Decade Analog Meter
- Dual Action Alarm
SENSITIVITY: typically 7 cpm/μSv/h (700 cpm/µR/hr) for 137Cs gamma
ENERGY RESPONSE: energy dependent
ALARM: This instrument incorporates dual action, latching type alarms:
- A fixed alarm point that can be set at any point from 10% of full scale to full scale, and is indicated by a constant audible tone, and the lamp turning on.
- A quick deviation alarm that is based on background radiation levels. When the instrument is turned on, it takes an eight-second measurement of background radiation levels and determines a deviation alarm setting. If the radiation level exceeds this setting, the alarm audio will beep every 1/8 second, and the lamp will flash.
- Rotary Selector: switches between instrument off, battery check, ranges: x1, x10, x100, x1000
- Response Switch: toggles between FAST (4 seconds) or SLOW (22 seconds) from 10% to 90% of final reading
- Reset Pushbutton: to zero meter, and also re-accumulate background data and recalculate the alarm point
- Audio Switch: for audio on/off, built-in unimorph speaker, greater than 60 dB at 0.6 meters (2 ft)
- Calibration Controls: accessible from front of instrument (protective cover provided)
WEIGHT: 2.3 kg (5 lb), including batteries