Observa™ is an installed system that measures radiation dose rates and ensures radiation safety and source security. The scalable system is built around a wall mounted control unit that displays live dose rate and alarm status and is extremely flexible allowing adoption in various applications.
Observa™ incorporates a number of key features and benefits
- Conditional alarm inputs and relay outputs
- Security features such as missing source alarm
- Remote access to software
- Simple to use software with a floor plan view
- Data logging functionality
- User configurable interlocks
- Full range of detectors for any application
- Large easy to read display
The Observa™ system is customisable depending on your requirements.
Observa™ Control Unit
The Observa™ Control Unit is wall mounted and displays live dose rates from up to 3 detectors. It has a large bright screen and the alarm status is displayed by the Tracerco man. The unit can be integrated with external systems via smart inputs and outputs.
The Observa™ Control Unit provides a number of benefits that include:
- Improved safety – easy to set up, install and use.
- Continued operation in the event of interrupted power supply.
- Systems options and input/output are fully customisable giving the user the option of a bespoke system to suit their requirements.
- Wide variety of detectors available.
- Ready to use with simple plug and play probes.
Observa™ Software is used to view live data and set alarms. Users can upload floor plans and drag and drop detectors into place. The software can be installed on a standard windows desktop PC or on a dedicated industrial panel PC. A single click from the home page can open views of live data or recent history for a detector. A missing source alarm option is also available.
Key benefits of the Observa™ Software are:
- Email, SMS and a Webserver portal provides remote notification and monitoring.
- Live editable floor plan view provides a contextual map of the monitored area.
- Data history view which provides evidence of working in safe conditions.
- Data logging functionality for incident or audit review purposes
- Missing source alarm for increased security and radioactive source management.
Observa™ 24/7 is the complete radiation data and system management solution. A dedicated industrial PC is included to provide guaranteed 24/7 monitoring of radiation data. This can be used to drive additional large TFT displays and comes pre-installed with the Observa™ Software.
Benefits of Observa™ 24/7 include:
- 24/7 monitoring.
- Secure alarm communication and data logging.
- A large display which can be positioned at entry point providing increased safety and worker assurance.
A range of smart input and outputs can be integrated with the Observa™ system to activate at alarm thresholds. These include door interlocks, proximity switches and alarm beacons.