The PM1703GNM combines functionality of a personal radiation detector and gamma dosimeter.
The instrument’s three operating modes allow the user to search for radioactive and nuclear materials as well as to measure dose equivalent (DE) and dose equivalent rate (DER). The instruments can be used both indoors and outdoors by a wide range of users who deal with the detection and localization of radiation sources in their daily work.
- Emergency services
- Customs and border patrol
- Civil defense and police
Personal radiation detector PM1703GNM is distinguished by light weight, compact size, water-resistanse and rugged enclosure. Another feature that makes the instruments very useful especially for fast response services is simplicity of operation. Control panel has only two buttons.
The key functions
- Location of radioactive and nuclear materials via impulse count analysis;
- Measurement of ambient dose equivalent rate of gamma radiation;
- Measurement of ambient dose equivalent of gamma radiation.
The average gamma and neutron radiation count rate is displayed on the built-in LCD.
Audio, visual, and vibration alarms alert the user when gamma or neutron radiation thresholds are exceeded.
Instrument’s operation history (up to 1000 data points) is stored in the detector’s non-volatile memory.
All data can be transferred from the detector to a personal computer (PC) via USB.
The instrument is equipped with three detectors
- CsI(Tl) scintillation detector for searching gamma radioactive sources;
- LiI (Eu) scintillation detector for neutron radiation registration in the search mode;
- small-sized GM tube detector for measuring gamma radiation in the wide DER and DE range.
Extremely sensitive scintillation counters allow detecting even the smallest amounts of gamma and neutron radiation emitting materials. Extra GM counter provides correct measurement of gamma radiation DER in the wide range up to 10 Sv/h (1000 R/h) and DE up to 10 Sv (1000 R).
Instrument operating modes
– ambient background gamma and neutron radiation calibration mode;
– gamma and neutron radiation sources search mode;
– DER measurement mode;
– DE measurement mode;
– setting mode;
– PC data exchange mode
PM1703GNM is a pocket-size and light-weight device.
Shockproof hermetic case provides high level of environmental protection (IP65).
The instrument is powered by a 1.5 V battery.
The instrument is equipped with a removable clip that allows the user to wear it on the belt.