This highly versatile handheld radiation monitor combines features of Personal Radiation Detector, Dosimeter/radiometer and radionuclide identifier with fast and reliable identification of radioisotopes that does not require connection to an external device (pocket PC/laptop/IPaq, etc.) for radiological data processing and analysis.
The Personal Radiation Detector /Dosimeter allows radionuclide identification, despite the weakening and scattering effect of shields, containers or other forms of physical protection of radiation sources. The results are shown on a bright, easily read color LCD display.
The device combines the functionality of a dosimeter with that of a radiometer, offering spectroscopic radionuclide identification and wireless integration with radiation portal monitors РМ5000А, PM5000B, (which are designed for installation at customs, in airports and border checkpoints to prevent the illicit trafficking of nuclear and radioactive materials).
The instrument’s functionality includes wireless integration into the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network (Polimaster NPNET™). Radiological data and geographic coordinates are transferred to the Remote Expert Center via built-in GSM /GPRS modules, allowing to generate a unified report of the investigated radiation incident. This provides a complete solution for various tasks of radiation safety and control.
PM1403 has various configurations, depending on the user needs. Processing unit in combination with one or several detectors is called Radiation Detectors Set. Radiation Detectors Set may also include accessoires: handle, telescopic extension tube, clamp, cables, bracket etc.
There are two Processing Units for PM1403:
Spectroscopic Radiation Monitor PM1403
- Has built-in scintillation detector CsI(TI)
- Search and registration of γ-radiation sources
- DER measurement of γ-radiation
- Registration, accumulation of γ-radiation scintillation spectra
- Programming of operation modes of the built-in detection unit
Display and Control Unit PM1403/PM1403-01
- Has no built-in detector
- Display of information while working with external detection units
- Programming of operation modes of external detection units
- Identification of radionuclide material
In addition, the device has five interchangeable external detection units that significantly extend its functionality:
- Built-in highly sensitive CsI(Tl) spectroscopic detector for gamma radiation
- Interchangeable external detection units for alpha, beta, gamma and neutron radiation
- Gamma radiation detection unit BDG1, with its highly sensitive NaI(TI) spectroscopic scintillation detector, searches for and identifies low activity or shielded radiation sources.
- Accumulation, processing, storage and display of scintillation spectra
- Fast and reliable radionuclide compound identification, even in the presence of shields, containers or other forms of physical protection of radiation sources that have a weakening and scattering effect
- Wireless integration with radiation portal monitors РМ5000А allows to generate a unified report of the investigated radiation incident
- Wireless data transfer via Wi-Fi and GSM/GPRS modules
- Simplicity and ease of use
- Bright, color LCD makes for easy reading even in bright sunlight
- Audible, vibration and visual alarms
- USB and RS485 interfaces
- Shockproof hermetic case (IP65)
- Wireless integration into the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network (Polimaster NPNET™)
- Designed to meet ITRAP+10 (IAEA) requirements
- Networked Solutions
- Customs and Border Control
- Security and Police