Gamma detector POLISMART® II PM1904 is designed for people who are at risk of radiation exposure in professional activities or in everyday life. The main purpose of PM1904 is to supply users with full and reliable information about accumulated individual radiation exposure and environmental radiation background in the real time.
Radiation detector PM1904 is a miniature gadget connected to iPhone® via dock-port. Detector control is performed by a smartphone with the help of App-application POLISMART®, easy-to-use smart solution with convenient and user-friendly interface.
No special knowledge required.
POLISMART® II users can also monitor radiation situation in various geographical regions. It comes from the possibility to integrate all POLISMART® II devices into the unified geo information system. Each user is able not only to see his own radiation measurements but also to monitor the ones of other users who joined the System. All geo-linked measurements are displayed on the map.
Energy-compensated Geiger-Muller tube ensures accurate measuring of dose equivalent rate and dose from various gamma-radiation sources including 137Сs, 241Am, 60Co.
All radiation detectors undergo a comprehensive inspection of technical parameters as well as calibration via special metrology equipment.
- Dose Equivalent measurement in the range from 1 μSv to 10 Sv
- Dose equivalent rate measurement in the range from 0.01 μSv/h to 13 mSv/h
- Audio, vibro and light alarm of the DE/DER thresholds exceeding
Measurements are carried out within a wide energy range 0.06 – 1.33 MeV with accuracy of no more than 20 percent.
iPhone® connection mode
Gamma-detector POLISMART® II PM1904 can be connected to iPhone® with a dock connector.
Advanced iOS App POLISMART® allows PM1904 to operate with a mobile device.
The App includes the following features:
- Independent audio or vibration alarm of the preset DE/DER thresholds exceeding;
- Display of Dose equivalent and Dose equivalent rate measurement results;
- Display of Measurements results in various units (Sv, R);
- Track recording with radiometric data display on the map;
- Radiation environment reports;
- History of measurements with automatic grouping and convenient display;
- Flexible custom settings (thresholds, radiation units, data sorting, filtration and so on);
- Network integration into the unified geo information system;
- Display of geo-linked measurement results of other users;
- Measurement results sharing via Twitter, Facebook.
The App is available on the iPhone® App Store.
POLISMART® II PM1904 can operate as a stand-alone device powered by built-in rechargeable battery.
In autonomous mode the gamma detector PM1904 continuously controls ambient Dose Equivalent (DE) and ambient Dose Equivalent Rate (DER) and records measurements (up to 500 values) in non-volatile memory. When preset thresholds are exceeded light alarm appears. Lifetime of the built-in rechargeable battery is no less than 500 h (in conditions of average values of radiation background).
POLISMART® trademark has been registered to create a series of radiation detectors which can be connected to mobile devices via various interfaces. The first POLISMART® modification appeared in 2004.
The product is protected by patent.
- Health Physics and Medicine
- Individual Radiation Protection